Life after being convicted for a DUI is not the same anymore.
It will affect your life immediately, but some of the consequences may be long-lasting.
The most likely consequences include:
- Going to jail for a few days to several months
- Paying monetary fines
- Having an ignition interlock device installed on your car
- Suspension of your driving license, usually between 6 and 24 months
- Having to attend DUI classes
- Having a criminal record
- More expensive car insurance
- Denial to visit certain countries
- Prevent you from a position in the government
- Possible difficulties to find a job immediately after DUI jail time