DUI Laws Listed By Offense
- 1st DUI Offense – 2 days in jail or 100+ hours of community service and up to $1000 in fines/fees, suspended license for 30 days and restricted for up to 1 year
- 2nd DUI Offense – 3 months in jail and up to $1500 in fines/fees, suspended driving for 1 year and a court ordered interlock device, and possible vehicle impoundment
- 2rd DUI Offense – It’s a felony, 3 months to 1 year in prison and up to $2500 in fines/fees; interlock and possible impoundment of your car
- DUI involving the death of someone – 3-14 years in prison
- DUI involving a person under 14 years old – 1 extra month on top of any sentence you have or get
You can read more details here.
Car accidents involving intoxicated people resulted in a 62% death rate in 2016. Driving under the influence is considered a serious endangerment to human life. See how a DUI can affect your life.
Getting A Diversion For a DUI In Wichita
You can get a diversion for a DUI in Wichita if you have no previous alcohol-related offenses, there was no accident or collision, you don’t have a commercial license and it’s within 60 days of the arrest.
The DUI diversion application fee is $25
The application is here: Wichita DUI Diversion Application
Details of the DUI Diversion Law are here.