DUI Laws Listed By Offense for Kansas
- 1st DUI Offense – 2 days in jail or 100+ hours of community service and up to $1000 in fines/fees, suspended license for 30 days and restricted for up to 1 year
- 2nd DUI Offense – 3 months in jail and up to $1500 in fines/fees, suspended driving for 1 year and a court-ordered interlock device, and possible vehicle impoundment
- 2rd DUI Offense – It’s a felony, 3 months to 1 year in prison and up to $2500 in fines/fees; interlock and possible impoundment of your car
- DUI involving the death of someone – 3-14 years in prison
- DUI involving a person under 14 years old – 1 extra month on top of any sentence you have or get
You can read more details here.
Car accidents involving intoxicated people resulted in a 62% death rate in 2016. Driving under the influence is considered a serious endangerment to human life. See how a DUI can affect your life.